Books are here!
Also available Dec. 29-31 at the Urbana 22 Bookstore for $12.95.
Exploring Mark, Finding Jesus is an introduction for international students and scholars (and others who may have little Bible background) about how to study the Bible. It covers the whole Gospel According to Mark. The 29 studies include discussion questions, vocabulary, background information, color photos, a timeline of events, maps, and leader’s notes. Discussions were tested with students for years, so answers to many common questions are already included in the vocabulary and comments parallel with each Bible passage or in the leader's notes in the back.
Order one copy for each participant! There are additional automatic discounts of 10-25% off if you buy 5 or more.
Feedback from Study Leaders
- “My skeptical friend who thought Jesus was a myth began to realize Mark’s Gospel is about real people in real places in real history that had real influence that brought radical changes to our world for over 2,000 years—and still does today.”
- “My international friend really likes the Jesus she sees in Mark’s Gospel.”
- “An Asian grad student said, ‘I like Jesus. He is so different. I am always happy when we meet for this discussion.’
- “Seeing how Jesus can read our hearts and thoughts compels us to trust him and his perfect plan.”
About the Authors
- Terrell Smith is an International Student Ministry staff member with Y.E.S. Ministries at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He served with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship from 1971 - 2019.
- Sarah Boswell has been an InterVarsity Christian Fellowship volunteer staff member serving internationals at the University of Wisconsin-Madison since 2007.
- Dean Waldenmaier is a Team Leader serving internationals in southern Wisconsin. He has been with Bridges International since 1997.
- These authors also wrote Exploring the Bible which has 14 Old and New Testament Bible discusions for international students and scholars.
Additional Book Information
- Wire coil bound, so it lays open flat on any page for discussions
- Fold out front cover flap includes basic study questions for use with any Bible passage
- 302 pages, each 6.5 inches wide x 9.5 inches tall
- ISBN 9780997810554
- Retail price: $26.99