This book gives a thorough yet concise overview of Hindu culture, religion, history and offers a wealth of practical insight on how to meaningfully connect with Hindu international students. It is the best resource of this type that I have come across.
People from South Asia who were once geographically distant, with limited opportunities to hear the good news, are now our neighbors, doctors, and university scholars. However, few have had significant relationships with genuine Christ followers. Even those few rarely hear or experience the gospel in a culturally relevant way that truly speaks to their heart.
The purpose of this booklet is to encourage you to lovingly connect with the South Asians that God puts in your path and navigate the cultural misunderstandings along the way. You will better understand a fascinating part of the world and perhaps be one of the first followers of Jesus that a South Asian Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, or Buddhist gets to know personally.
Whether you are just getting started or have already experienced many challenges, joys, and questions in connecting with Hindu international students, this booklet will help you answer:
- How can I avoid common cultural mistakes and miscommunication?
- What is different about the latest generation of students? How does that help me connect?
- How are the day-to-day lives and decisions of Hindu international students affected by their faith?
- How can I find out what my South Asian friends truly believe?
- How should I respond to difficult questions Hindus commonly ask about Christianity?
- What stories, settings, and actions can help me share the gospel well?
- What religious and cultural barriers often keep Hindus from following Jesus?
The booklet includes these full-color features:
- Key Points and Tips Boxes for easy review
- Frequently Asked Questions from Hindu Students
- Full-page Map of India and Religions Timeline graphics
- 7 Additional Charts and Diagrams
- Bible Study Tips
- Dozens of Photos and Images
- Resources and References
Published in 2019; 96 pages;
Retail Price: $18.99
Use tiny.cc/cwhis as a shortcut to this page